Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My New Year's Resolution - hehe

When I saw this stamp at Hobby Lobby, on sale of course, I just had to get it. It's pretty close to the truth sad to say.

What's different about this stamped image is that I paper pieced it. This is the first time I have ever done one. I probably should have picked an image that didn't have such intricate detail but I didn't do such a bad job if I don't say so myself. I paper pieced, the flower, chair, pillow, cat, her hair, shoes and dress. I even included a BIG close up so you can see all my mistakes but hopefully I covered them well.


I made this a challenge on a CafeMom scrap group that I am part of the admin. Here are some links that show how this technique is done.

Gina K Designs - Tutorial
Stamping with Di - Tutorial
Jeanne Streiff dresses Bella
Jeanne Streiff dresses the headless woman



2 comments:

Beate said...

I think ya done good girlie! I love the technique, it's been a while since I've done it. Your card turned out so cute :) I may have to break out my stamps and play today!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I've seen that saying before and thoroughly adopted it into my schedule. Hope you're having a wonderful Holiday Season! Merry Christmas!

LinkWithin