Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My First Tutorial ~ Tri-Fold Card

This card is for Simply Scrapping's Wednesday Card Challenge. For this challenge I made a tutorial for it and it's my very first one. I didn't create this trifold card but I did change the dimensions from what I had orginally seen. Here is what the card looks like. I used Teachabella from Stamping Bellas as the image and colored it with Copics. I added Clear Glaze Gel pen to outline most of the image and filled in the apple, flowers and vase.


I have these instructions on a word document if you would like a copy of it you can go to Simply Scrapping's Wednesday Card Challenge where there is an attachment of the document or email me at diane.davies@yahoo.com and I will email you it to you.

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Cut a piece of cardstock 4” x 12”, then score at 4” and 8”.

2. Now you have three equal scored squares on your cardstock. Add a diagonal score to both of the outside squares. The diagonal scores should go in the same direction.


3. Prefold your scored lines. First fold the left square in, then the triangle down. Next fold the right square in, then the triangle up. When you're done folding, the cardstock should look like this.


4. Cut a piece of patterned paper 3-3/4” x 3-3/4” and then cut it in half diagonally. Adhere the patterned paper triangles to the top right and bottom left triangle on the outer scored squares of your main card.


5. Cut 3-3/4” x 3-3/4” patterned paper and adhere to middle section of the card then cut 2-3/4” x 2-3/4” white cardstock and adhere on top of that patterned paper.
** Ooops sorry I forgot to take a pic of this one. **
(See finished card at the bottom for a pic of the inside layering.)

6. Fold your card back up again and adhere ribbon to the back side of the card and tie it shut to the right side of your card.
7. For the top part of the card use a 3”x3” cardstock (same as base or coordinating color if preferred) and layer a 2-3/4” x 2-3/4” coordinating pattern paper on top. Then using white cardstock either stamp and image or sentiment for the very top layer.
** Ooops sorry I forgot to take a pic of this one too. **

8. Add adhesive diagonally only on one half of the back of your main image. If you add adhesive on the entire piece, your trifold will be taped shut. Adhere your center image to your trifold card. Inside of finished card.

5 comments:

Crafty In Carolina Stamper said...

Wow Diane!! What an awesome tutorial...I love the card, that has to be one of my favorite stamps =)Love the glaze stuff you use, I'm gonna have to check into getting somet of that stuff, it really makes the card pop! Love it!

Chrissy's Creations said...

Great card, I love that fold! Thanks for sharing.

Darlene said...

Great job on the tutorial! I haven't made one of these cards in a long time ... thanks for inspiration!!

Discount Cards said...

Your collection is really nice and impressive for me. Your small level change is create a good effect on to the card.

Anonymous said...

It was certainly interesting for me to read this blog. Thanx for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

LinkWithin