Saturday, August 15, 2009

Stamp, Scrap & Doodle Saturday Challenge Blog

Stamp, Scrap & Doodle Saturday Challenge Blog is a new challenge blog and I am proud to say that I am on their Design Team. The challenge was to create a boy card. I always find it more difficult to do a boy card because I love working with flowers and ribbon so much and that usually doesn't work for boy cards. With both my kids in grade school they seem to go to a lot of birthday parties throught the year so I thought I couldn't go wrong with a birthday card for a boy. Here is what I came up with for the challenge.The paper is from Daisy Bucket Designs called "Andrew Sprockets". It's not a new line, I've had it in my stash for a while. The image stamp is "Birthday Ian" from The Greeting Farm. How fun is he? I got the image free during their birthday hop. Yeah me! The sentiment is a good ole' Studio G $1 stamp. Got to love those huh?! I colored the image in Copic markers. I inked all the edges with Cat Eye Chalk ink - Blue Iris. The image and sentiment are pop dotted on. I used my scanner to get the picture on the computer and I think I like it better than taking a picture of it. You can tell it's pop dotted by the shadows so that's pretty neat.

Now head on over to Stamp, Scrap & Doodle Saturday Challenge Blog and check out what the other design team members did for their boy card. Then get in on the challenge yourself and you just might win a prize.

11 comments:

Crafty In Carolina Stamper said...

Wow! You created a fabulous card for this challenge! I love it =)

Crafty In Carolina Stamper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darlene said...

Very, very cute! The background papers are PERFECT for this little birthday boy!! Good job!!

Rene' said...

LOVE this!!! The colors are gorgeous! Great card!

Lisa said...

Great boy card, I have this image too but haven't used it yet, thanks for the inspiration. Don't forget to enter my blog candy, DT's are welcome to enter too

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

This is such a great card! Love the layout, colors, image oh just everything!! LOL

Cheri said...

Great Card, and I love how your papers coordinate so well.

Regina said...

fabulous card! I love those Daisy Bucket papers!

Angie Cortes said...

Awesome card!! I love TGF and you did a fantastic job with this image!!

Micki said...

If you struggle creating boy theme cards, it certainly doesn't show, lol. That is an awesome card. All the detail and I love your papers and the way you designed the layout of your card. And yup, those pop dots are great. Love your card.

Anonymous said...

Hey are you a professional journalist? This article is very well written, as compared to most other blogs i saw today….
anyhow thanks for the good read!

LinkWithin