Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Peach Fuzz

Sometimes, not often though, I impress myself. This is one of those rare times. : ) I was doing a recipe swap and it was for a drink, it could be alcoholic or not. I didn't have a clue what to do mainly because I mostly drink Diet Coke. hehe But then I remembered I had been to the Outback Steakhouse recently and enjoyed one of their Wallabedarned drinks. I rarely drink but on the occasion that I do go to the Outback I get this yummy peachy frozen drink.

Well, I Googled it to see if I could find a recipe and this is what I found. I haven't actually tried it but it sounds good. So as I'm thinking about it I thought I need to get paper with peaches on it or something. What I tried doing instead was printing a picture of peach off the internet, traced it on cardstock then cut it out. Then I flocked it. So it actually has peach fuzz. How cool is that. I just started working with flock and thought I could use the clear embossing pad and it would adhere the flock. Well it did, sort of, but it easily rubbed right off. So I used a glue stick and it worked great. You can touch it and the flock stays put. I cut the petals off a flower to use as the leaves. If anyone tries this recipe please let me know if it's good. : )

1 comment:

Carmen said...

I love how you thought outside of the box! Love the flocking, I bought the flock after seeing it on your blog a month or two ago. I have not used it yet but I know I need it! :)The peach is so cute.

LinkWithin