Thursday, July 31, 2008

A helpful tip and misc. stuff

First I have to tell you that I went and saw Mamma Mia! yesterday with a couple of my friends. I absolutely LOVED it!!!!! I loved the story, the music just everything!! The scenery was so beautiful. I can't say anything bad about it. I don't ever buy movies for myself but this one I want!! I will watch it over and over again!! It gets 2 thumbs up, 5 stars, a 10 well, you get the idea! : )

I've been packing up my scrap stuff the last couple of nights getting ready to go on a scrap retreat weekend. I'm soooo ready for a break. I'm going to The Scrappin Pad in Tahlequah, OK. So I will have lots of LO's to post next week.

Remember my waxed paper box well I've entered this century and bought a new one! Check out the updated design. The old box said "waxed" paper but this new does say just wax paper. So check back in 25 years and see if I'm still using this same box! hehe

Ok, now for my helpful tip. This has nothing to do with scrapbooking or cardmaking but everything to do with making your life easier as a mom. My daughter drinks ice water all day long and very little of anything else. Which is great, she sure didn't get that good habit from me! She has learned to take the lid off her cup and fill it up from the fridge door water and ice dispenser and put the lid back on. It's awesome!! No more, "MOOOOOMMMMM I need a drink!" Well, my son is an apple juice drinker - big time! He's five. I still do 1/2 water and 1/2 juice. But I REALLY don't want to clean up split juice, it's gets so sticky on the floor. Plus some of the juice container are big and heavy. So I was still getting the "Mooooommmm I need some juice!" I would make them say please and thank you but STILL I had to stop what I was doing and do it for him. Ok now for the solution and it is soooooooo awesome!!! I bought this at Wal-Mart for just under $6. I added a BIG thing of juice then filled the juice container with water and put that in the container also. Now Austin can go get his juice all by himself. Besides the fact I don't have to do it for him anymore it also makes him feel good. He almost looks proud when he's getting his own juice! You know sometimes it's the little things in life that just make me so happy!
I hope everyone enjoys their weekend and I'll be back next week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! My Austin tries to pour his juice himself, so not to have bother me, and it never fails he spills it every time. This is a great idea and I am definitely going to try it out. Thanks 4 sharing.

Jennifer Bovee said...

hope you have an awesome weekend at your scrap retreat!!! can;t wait to see all the stuff you get done!

Anonymous said...

you know that is such a good idea! i need one for my husband..he spills more then our 4 year Aaron! :o)

LinkWithin